Sunday, March 21, 2010

Healing


This weekend I was able to find some healing in making a memory box for PJ.
It was nice to take the time to personalize the box just for her and felt like a great way to honor her short life.

I think for me healing has come in not trying to "get over it" or "forget" but in REMEMBERING her and doing special things for her. Since I didn't get to bury my daughter it has been helpful to do things to signify my love for her and to solidify that she DID exist and she was a REAL PERSON... not just a miscarriage. I enjoyed shopping for the supplies and trying to choose something I thought would be perfect for her and enjoyed the time I spent personalizing the box and placing things in the box that remind me of her. I put sympathy cards in there that I've received, sonogram pictures of her, hospital bands from my D & C - the day we physically said goodbye and that her body was no longer a part of my body, a bib I purchased for her and used to lay across my belly after my insemination for "good luck", and eventually when I feel ready I will write a letter to my daughter and place that in her memory box as well.

I miss her so much.

PJ, even though I never got to hold you in my arms I will cherish you in my heart forever.
Mommy loves you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I think the memory box is beautiful and what a wonderful way to remember PJ! I agree with my whole heart that you should not "try to get over it" or "forget" but find ways to remember and honor PJ's life.

    Writing a letter to PJ is such a special way to remember your sweet baby. She was a part of you and will always have a piece of your heart. I wish you peace as you continue your journey. Many hugs and prayers are sent your way each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nicole. It means a lot to me to know that people are thinking about me and praying for me. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete