Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rest and healing

Recovering from surgery has turned out to be the easy part... recovering from this nasty cold (or whatever it is) has been the hard part. What I thought was just allergies has progressively gotten worse by the day. My throat is still raw and my left ear is completely blocked. I took a trip to Solantic this morning and found out I have pharyngitis, sinusitis, and fluid in my left ear. I started a round of Doxycycline for the sinus & ear infection. I sure hope it kicks in soon. All the congestion has me coughing which is quite uncomfortable after abdominal surgery. (sigh)
Feeling a bit down today... perhaps just because I'm physically wiped out but also due in part to a lost friendship. Or maybe one I only THOUGHT existed. My feelings are utterly hurt and I'm confused by the abandonment. I keep thinking up reasons why she has avoided me but have just decided that sometimes, as with my miscarriage, we don't get to know WHY. I am trying to simply leave it at that --- since I have no other clear choice. I tried asking but got no response. Maybe sometimes we see in people what we want to see and not what is truly there.
Anyway, resting today with plenty of fluids. The sooner my body is mended the sooner I can work on mending my spirits. Healing, physically and emotionally.... here I come.

2 comments:

  1. Charity,

    I am happy to hear that your surgery went well and you seem to be healing nicely; I'm sorry that you have this nasty cold to deal with, too.

    I know that losing a friend is a whole other hardness to deal with. It is always hard to lose a friend, especially when we don't know why we are losing that friend. My heart goes out to you. You have had so much loss in the past couple months....you don't need this too!

    I wish you a speedy physical recovery so that you can start working on healing your heart and your spirit. I continue to pray for you and ask that God grant you peace in this journey.

    It was a beautiful weekend here in Atlanta. I got the dogs outside and tried to get a little bit of color on my arms and legs but with SPF30 and an hour in the sun all I got was red splotches. I don't think my skin is meant to tan and turn "golden". I'm just meant to be a pasty white Polish girl.

    Tomorrow is back to school for me....ugh! We start our statewide testing for the next two weeks which is SUPER STRESSFUL...I already have a massage scheduled for the week after all of the testing. I think I am down to about 7 weeks of school--that makes me HAPPY!!

    Alrighty, I need to get things ready for my students. I wish you well and send you lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole. Sorry your break is over so quickly. Blahhh!! Good luck with the testing and enjoy your massage. As soon as I'm up to it physically, I'll be scheduling my massage as well. Much needed. Thanks, as always, for your thoughts and prayers. They are appreciated.

    ~ Charity

    ReplyDelete