Friday, May 21, 2010

Looking back...

It’s been a while since I’ve updated you all. I’ve seen such a drastic improvement in my mood since my doctor switched my medication that I guess I’ve felt good enough to get out and live my life and haven’t really set aside time for blogging! I won’t write as much to this one because now I’ve started a new TTC blog. I’ve considered doing a Vlog since I have a built-in camera on my laptop but I’m a little camera shy. LOL!! We’ll see.
I’m back at work and feeling more and more like my old self every day. I still have my moments of tears for PJ but all in all I’m doing better. I want to say that looking back, I have NO REGRETS about the length of time I took off work (even though in the beginning I did). Now that I’m feeling better I realize just how much I needed that time to process what I’d been through. I encourage those of you who have experienced the loss of a child to really be gentle and patient with yourself and give yourself the time you need to heal. Time free of guilt, judgment, and stress. I believe I would have taken steps backward instead of moving forward if I had gone back to work too soon. Trust me when I say that people around you will have their own opinions about how you are handling your loss. Some will share those opinions and others won’t but rest with comfort in the fact that you are your own expert. Nobody can tell you what is right or wrong for you. Everyone heals differently and it’s very difficult to define. You are the bereaved parent, therefore the expert on your own grief and healing. Trust yourself and do what feels right.
I think that’s the ONLY reason that I can proudly say that I am a SURVIVER of miscarriage.
Much love to you all.
XOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charity,

    I was thinking about you on Mother's Day...I hope it was not too hard of a day for you. I apologize for lack of response I have been unable to find ou May blogs and then I am also reading your TTC blog. I am trying to stay up on both. Soon, school will be out for me and I will have tons of time to check in to your blogs and probably give you more information about myself. Even though we have never met in person I feel like you are a close friend and I think about you often.

    I continue to pray that you find peace and strength to go forward. As always I send you lots of virtual hogs. I will check in again tomorrow. I need to get to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    I hope I can reach you this way. I have misplaced your email address and I'm unable to contact you through blogspot. Please email me at charityparsons@yahoo.com

    I hope you are well. I'd love to catch up.

    Charity

    ReplyDelete